End-to-End Instrument Chains Performance Engineer
Reference nr: 567
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Application deadline: 07 December, 2015
RHEA is currently recruiting an End-to-End Instrument Chains Performance Engineer to support the EPS-SG programme at our client’s premises in Darmstadt, Germany.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Following-up performance requirements, allocation and budgeting performed by space segment and instrument providers;
- Following-up and reviewing definition of approach for modelling of system performances, performed by EUMETSAT, space segment and/or instrument providers; review of adequacy of related performance modelling tools;
- Contributing to the preparation and analysis of the system performance budgets, collecting input from space segment, instruments and ground processing segment; reporting any non-compliances and following up resolution;
- Contributing to the consolidation and maintenance of the system requirements, including tracing to space segment, instrument and/or ground segment requirements and tracking of the status of compliance; reporting any non-compliances and follow up resolution;
- Supporting the consolidation of the verification approach for system performance requirements and contributing to the maintenance of the related verification matrix;
- Contributing to the assessment of the ground data processing algorithms and Cal/Val algorithms developed as part of the EPS-SG ground segment and confirm that they allow meeting the System Performance Requirements (spectral, radiometric and geometric requirements); reporting any non-compliance and follow up resolution;
- Supporting the validation of products and the verification of ground data processing algorithms;
- Contributing to regular reviews of System, Space Segment, Instrument and Ground Segment documentation;
- Participate in formal reviews and technical meetings at system, space segment, instrument and ground segment level;
- Providing input for / support preparation of documentation for System level reviews.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree in the domain of engineering, science, or equivalent;
- At least 3 years of combined experience:
- in the field of engineering of space and/or ground systems, in the area of Earth observation from space;
- in the field of end-to-end mission performance analysis, budgeting and verification for space-borne observing systems of imaging and/or sounding instruments;
- Good knowledge of relevant space-borne observation instruments (EPS-SG satellites will embark sounders and imagers from the ultraviolet to the microwave range, a scatter meter and a radio-occultation instrument).
The following experience would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge of ground data processing algorithms and ground processing environment.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of SECRET or above.
Apply now using the online application form on this page or send this position to a friend.
Publication date:November 18, 2015