he main service activities of this position may include (but are not limited to),
- Software maintenance of the whole PPS (XMM-Newton Pipeline Processing System). PPS comprises:
- PPS modules, suite of Perl scripts containing the whole of the data reduction schemes for all the XMM-Newton instruments and modes
The scientists working in the XMM-Newton Users Support Group (USG) support the scientific users of the mission from proposal submission until the analysis of their data for scientific interpretation.
The service is required to support any of the following tasks:
Support to the Observing Time Allocation Committee (OTAC): The OTAC reviews all incoming observation proposals and determines which observations should be assigned observing time.
Optimisation to the observations of accepted proposals: The USG scientists assist astronomers in optimising the set-up of the instruments to carry out the desired observation and assure the safety of the instruments.Read more...
The work covers support to ESA Finance Department including following typical tasks:
- Processing and verification of both electronic and paper invoices in accordance with the ESA Financial Regulations and Instructions, provision of invoice/payment details to industry at their request, etc.
- Calculation and verification of travel claims in-line with the ESA Staff Rules and Regulations.
Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects / programmes activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower including support, etc. including:
- Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans.
- Assisting in the definition and in maintaining related work/procurement plans and related execution and contract actions plans using local tools as applicable.
The contractor will be assigned to the EGSE and Ground Systems Section of the Software Systems Division.
The contractor will provide on demand expertise in activities related to EGSE systems:
- Project (such as Euclid) support on the procurement, development and utilisation of EGSE systems, including problem solving, interfaces with external systems and project reviews.
The Contractor(s) shall be involved with the ESACERT project. The following main tasks are involved:
- Handling of Security Incidents:
- Incident Analysis (can include Forensic, evidence collection and tracing)
- Incident Response Support
- Incident Response Coordination
- Incidend Reporting
- Security Assessments:
- ESA Security plans for external Servers,
- SDSRs (Security Delta Service Request) for deviation of ESA's firewall baseline policy
- Ad-hoc questions from ESA related to new customer requests that deviate from current policies
This Statement of work is covering a Spacecraft Operations Engineer position to work as part of the SEOSAT/Ingenio Flight Control Team. The position is for supporting the SOM during the pre-launch. LEOP and commissioning phases in the:
- preparation of the operational products, in particular the Operational DB and the Flight Operations Procedures and timelines;
- SVT preparation and execution;
- Mission Control System validation;
- simulator validation;
- training and Simulations;
- LEOP & Commissioning preparation and execution;
This Statement of Work is covering a Spacecraft Operations Engineer position to work as part of the Sentinel-5 Precursor Flight Control Team. The position is for supporting the SOM during the pre-launch. LEOP and commissioning phases in the:
- Preparation of the operational products, in particular the Operational DB and the Flight Operations Procedures and timelines;
- SVT preparation and execution;
- Mission Control System Validation;
- Simulator Validation;
- Training and Simulations;
- LEOP, Commissioning and Routine phase preparation and execution;
FCI-I provides corporate IT services to all ESA staff and contractors.
FCI-I’s ESOC CITI Service Manager is accountable for the delivery of these services at ESOC, EAC, COL-CC and some other small ESA offices in Germany. The delivery is performed primarily by a contracted “Overall Service Provider” (HP) and OBS for telephony PABX.
The requested service shall support the ESOC CITI Service Manager. The service will have the following responsibilities:Read more...
The tasks of the Consultant will include:
- Contributions to the product and algorithm specifications for all ERA-CLIM2 data records;
- Implementation of relevant operational product processing chains in the reprocessing environment;
- Implementation of relevant operational processors for the ERA-CLIM2 products into the operational reprocessing chains;
- Development and implementation of operational functional and product quality monitoring procedures to be implemented in the reprocessing monitoring and validation system;
The Key Person shall be responsible for software and system engineering tasks. In this area of work, the tasks will typically include:
- Analysis of the operational requirements for the EARS services;
- Support to the definition and integration of the data handling and product processing systems for the new EARS services;
- Technical liaison with the international partners providing the software packages for product processing of the satellite instrument data, including identification of test data and test environment;
Configuration control covers both ESA internal activities and activities performed by Industrial Contractors. The preparation of adequate requirements and CM systems auditing are also part of the tasks. It includes the following typical duties:
- Establishing adequate processes for proper Product configuration control, including:
- configuration management planning,
- configuration items identification, technical requirements base lining, production and maintenance of configuration item data list (CIDL),
- management of configuration evolution, baselines verification, as-built control and inspections.
The key person shall work in the TSS Department as a member of the Mission Control Applications and Tools Team, which is part of the GSI Division. The Mission Control Applications and Tools Team performs the following activities:
- Software engineering and software maintenance of multi-mission and mission-specific Mission Control Function systems and tools for GEO and LEO missions. In particular the following systems and tools:
- Monitoring & Control Systems and tools,
- On-board software management tools,
In the frame of Satellite ETB (Electrical Test Bench) and PFM activities:
- Support the definition and maintenance of the Satellite Verification Control Document
- Support the definition of Functional Testing Approach for the System Level Test Campaign
- Support the definition of the Redundancy and Cross-Strapping testing approach for the System Level Test Campaign
The activity consists in providing engineering, management and legal/procurement support to the GSA in order to prepare and then implement its role of EGNOS and Galileo exploitation manager.
Those tasks address the preparation of the exploitation activities, the implementation of the programme management hand-over from the current programme management (EC and/or GSA) to the GSA, and the execution of the exploitation activities under responsibility of the GSA.Read more...
As member of the Data Processing Systems and Applications Group of the SEP Division, the key person will be providing engineering support to the EPS-SG Ground Segment team in the frame of the EPS-SG Preparatory Programme (Phase B), with support expected to be extended to cover the complete development life cycle in the next phases of the Programme.Read more...
In the frame of Satellite ETB (Electrical Test Bench), STM and PFM AIT activities:
- Plan, perform and report against contractual Quality Assurance requirements applicable to the Assembly, Integration and Test activities.
- Perform Quality Assurance activities, by the implementation of procedures and processes, to ensure product quality meets the stated requirements.
- Participate in the generation, approval and implementation of internal AIT documentation and activities for the project
Provide support to Satellite PFM and STM test campaign:
- Preparation of Mechanical integration and test procedures
- Support Mechanical AIT planning, preparation, execution and test analysis activities
- Support TRR, PTR, NRB meetings in coordination with the project PA and Engineering.
- Interface with the subcontractors team to ensure adequate support for Mechanical AIT activities and reviews at Satellite level
- Perform mechanical assembly/integration and removal (if required) of satellite sub-system/units and structural panels.
- Preparation of Satellite electrical integration and test procedures and reviewing these procedures supported by relevant discipline engineers.
- Support Electrical AIT planning, preparation, execution and test analysis activities
- Support TRR, PTR, NRB meetings in coordination with the project PA and Engineering.
- Interface with the subcontractors team to ensure adequate support for Electrical AIT activities and reviews at Satellite level
- Spacecraft (SC) engineering within the System team for the specification, design, development, integration, verification, of the individual satellites
- Review of SC design ensuring compatibility between the following elements:
- The platform itself defined as the structural, thermal and propulsion part.
- The avionics.
- The GNC and Metrology Systems.
- Payload Elements.
- Contribution to the review and iteration of the Spacecraft (SC) C Specification and the avionics lower level specifications being produced and iterated during the phase CD.
- Monitoring and assessment of the development, integration and testing of the SC and their subsystems (mainly Avionics), in collaboration with the Spacecraft System team and subsystems specialists, to ensure the compliance of the spacecraft and subsystems with the technical and performance requirements and the overall mission requirements. Identification and monitoring of technical and schedule risks in the relevant developments.
The Key person shall:
- Develop, document and administer on a day-by-day basis the CM tool used to manage Changes and Configuration Items;
- Develop, document and maintain all CM tool procedures and scripts aimed to automate and cross-check as much as possible the applicable CM processes and working practices.
- Perform the second level maintenance of the CM tool (occasionally, first level maintenance as well);
The position aims to support existing EUMETSAT Operational or pre-Operational systems (MTP, MSG, EPS,...), and possibly future programmes (MTG, EPS-SG,...).
During the Pre-Operations and Routine Operations phases and in the frame of the configuration identification phase, the tasks of the Contractor will typically include the creation/modification/deletion and the version tracking of the following Configuration Items:
- Hardware items (e.g. computers, infrastructure & Comms equipments);
- Software items (e.g. Software applications, COTS and associated Licences);
The IT and Audio Visual Infrastructure Senior Technician will be assigned to support our customer, the European Space Agency, in the development, installation, maintenance and operations of the IT and Audio Visual infrastructure of one of its engineering facilities, including IT and communication hardware and software.Read more...
Support to Galileo Early Services system security engineering and security operations preparation and Support to GSA security processes linked to Early Service security accreditationReference nr : GSA/2013 Location : Brussels/Prague
Task 1: Support to Galileo Early Services system security engineering and security operations preparation
The GSA shall prepare for the European Commission the Galileo exploitation programme. As part of this programme, a key activity is the preparation and provision of the Galileo Early Services, due to start in October 2014. Following the completion of the service implementation in the first Quarter 2014, a service validation is planned to start in April 2014.Read more...
The Business Unit Manager Germany will work closely with RHEA’s Business Development and Marketing Manager to identify and secure new business, increase RHEA’s presence and revenue base in Germany. The Business Unit Manager will have primary responsibility of Key Accounts and will manage the local frame contracts.Read more...
As an Information Security Solutions Specialist, you will join a team of Information Security professionals in support of RHEA Systems clients by providing Information Security services for Space and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) systemsRead more...
As an Information Security Risk Management Specialist, you will join a team of Information Security professionals in support of RHEA Systems clients by providing Information Security services for Space and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) systemsRead more...