The core competencies of the RHEA Group remain in Space, and since 1992 RHEA has acquired a first-class reputation amongst its clients for providing engineering services, system solutions and products of the highest quality. RHEA’s technical knowledge base, together with the practical experience of its engineers gained through the most demanding projects, assures our clients that we can provide them with the highest level of expertise.
RHEA has provided expertise in specifying, developing and supporting over 40 missions for international and national space agencies, for commercial satellite operators, for system integrators and for satellite manufacturers and their suppliers.
RHEA’s projects cover all the phases of a space programme: from feasibility of concepts; working with project scientists to design the instruments; designing spacecraft, their orbits and flight scenarios; the supporting ground segments; and finally through to testing, verifying and operating the spacecraft. Indeed, RHEA is one of the few companies working on the complete space mission life-cycle – whether at the client's site or in one of RHEA's offices.
RHEA's objective is to support its customers in achieving time to market, risk reduction, budget compliancy, and increased efficiency and productivity throughout the development and exploitation phases of their programmes.
RHEA’s know-how and experience include the following competencies:
- System Engineering Analysis and Processes
- Concurrent Design Engineering
- Concurrent Design Facility Management and Operations
- System and Operational Software Engineering
- Spacecraft Assembly Integration Testing (AIT) Management and Supervision
- Space Weather Systems, Space Environment and Radiation Studies
- System Requirements Specification
- Operations Concept Definition
- Spacecraft Database Preparation and Production
- Mission Analysis, Planning and Scheduling
- Feasibility Studies
- Spacecraft Platform, Payload and Ground Segment Operations
- Ground Segment Engineering
- Earth Observation Data Processing and Data Management
- Attitude and Orbit Control System (AOCS) Engineering
- Image Pre-processing (radiometric and geometric improvement)
- Level 1, 2 and 3 Processing
- Cal/Val developments
- On-Board Software Development