IT Infrastructure Engineer
You will have the opportunity to perform your activities from our customer premises at ESA, ESTEC in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The scope of work will include:
- Provide technical adoption support to the new users on the ESA cloud service portfolio.
- Provide support to customers to Deploy/Create vApps VMs, K8s clusters and namespaces.
- Provide support to customers or their providers to install / debug applications within dedicated K8s containers or VM’s.
- Support to ESA’s own infrastructure provisioning platform: administrative support, development and adding infrastructure automations to the interface.
- Expansion of the ESA cloud infrastructure and service, incorporating new infrastructure components and models, e.g hyperconverged infrastructure and hybrid cloud models.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Public and private cloud solutions (vCloud Director, AWS, AZURE).
- State of the art infrastructure virtualisation and cloud computing technologies and solutions (VMware VCloud Suite, Openstack).
- Enterprise storage and back-up technologies and services.
- Container-orchestration platforms and services (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Datacentre networking.
- Experience with cloud brokering.
- Experience on Automation and DevOps tools, e.g. Ansible.
- Software development skills in view of infrastructure automation (e.g. python, golang, Terraform and shell scripting).
- Demonstrated use of Web development technologies, both back-end and front end.
- Management of orchestrators and container technologies e.g Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, openshift and kubectl commandline.
- Masters level or equivalent qualification in information technology/engineering.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.