You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to the Antenna & Sub-Millimetre Waves Section at the European Space Agency.
- Providing expert technical support and consultancy to ESA projects, programmes and general studies in the field of space antenna systems, submillimeter wave instruments and associated technologies throughout all project phases;
- Participating in project reviews and performing “in-house” design and trade-offs to support project-specific technology developments;
- Identifying critical development problems and assisting in their resolution;
- Antenna measurement laboratory activities as required;
- Defining, initiating and monitoring R&D activities covering both long-and short-term needs;
- Monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s Degree with at least 4 years of relevant industrial experience in the field.
- You have knowledge of antenna Space constraints at RF, mechanical, thermal and environmental levels gained from the handling of Flight Model development or R&D development at high TRL level.
- You have knowledge of antenna industrial manufacturing, testing processes, architecture and technologies.
- You are an expert in using antenna modelling tools (GRASP8, POS4, CHAMP, HFSS).
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have industrial experience in antennas, architectures and technologies as applied to space.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.