RHEA Group is currently looking for an Antenna Engineer to provide his/her expertise to the Antennae & Sub-Millimetre Waves Section at the European Space Agency.
- Supporting the Test campaigns within the ESTEC Antenna Laboratory, including Antenna Laboratory Maintenance, Equipment Calibration activities test definition, cost estimation, test execution and delivery of data/test report to the customer;
- Perform testing activities in Spherical, Planar, Cylindrical Near Field, Compact Range and Material RF Characterisation facilities, including test plans and test setup preparation, operation of the test ranges and analysis of test results;
- Perform research testing activities that challenge the current state-of-the-art in space antenna measurements, aiming at enabling new testing capability and fulfil the needs of future ESA space missions in all space applications (Earth Observation, Navigation, Science, Telecommunications, Human Space Flight and Space Transportation);
- Antenna Laboratory Procedures, Manuals and ISO9001 processes and the corresponding Antenna Laboratory housekeeping and inventory of instrumentation;
- Support to the design of test jigs, adapters and auxiliary fixtures, required in the testing of both ground and space antennas;
- Support in the testing of control and processing software for antenna and RF material
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a PhD or Msc Engineering from a recognised Institution of secondary studies (University, Ecole supérieure, etc.) or equivalent;
- You have knowledge of antenna technologies and experience in antenna testing in the space domain;
- You have a good knowledge of Near and Far field antenna testing systems;
- You are capable of performing activities related to all aspects of testing and integration of antenna systems in an autonomous way;
- You have a good working knowledge on antenna systems and design approaches;
- You have a proactive attitude to solving problems;
- You possess good organisational skills.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have experience with handling of space hardware.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.