Attitude and Orbit Control Systems Engineer
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to the AOCS & Pointing Systems Section. You will support in the AOCS architecture, AOCS Design and Tuning, AOCS Validation and Verification, AOCS HW procurement and AOCS Support to Spacecraft Operations.
- Definition and implementation of AOCS (Attitude and Orbit Control Systems) for Earth Observation, Telecom, Navigation satellites and for Astronomy Observatories.
- The functional support provided to these projects (e.g. Sentinel, Earth Care, MTG, Alphasat, Small GEO, Galileo, GAIA, Solar Orbiter, …) includes
- Participation to project reviews (SRR, PDR CDR …).
- AOCS design, analyses and simulations (control loops design and modelling, FDIR, independent simulator set-up, functional verification and performance budgets).
- Review of AOCS SW implementation.
- Sensors and actuators selection and procurement support.
- AIV/AIT support (test benches, review of test plans and test results).
- Operations support (review of Operations Manual, rehearsal and LEOP).
- Support to in-orbit analysis.
- Conception, initialisation and supervision of corresponding enabling AOCS technology R/D: High Accuracy Pointing, Generic AOCS Architecture & Building Blocks, Innovative AOCS & FDIR Solutions including prototyping and tools development.
- Sensors and inertial actuators technology development: APS, Star Trackers, sun sensors, Earth sensors, magnetometers, gyros, accelerometers, magneto-torquers, reaction wheels, CMG’s.
- Development and utilisation of the Control Hardware Laboratory (e.g. sensor characterisation and testing).
- Maintenance, development and set-up of AOCS simulation tools.
- Participation to the elaboration and promotion of ECSS standards in the E60 domain.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s Degree in Control and Aerospace engineering.
- You have a minimum 4 years of experience in AOCS engineering in European industry or institutional entity.
- You have a background experience in AOCS Design, Validation and Testing as well as AOCS HW procurement.
- You have proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of AOCS systems in different project phases.
- You have HW knowledge (sensors, computer, actuators).
- You have experience in AOCS AIT at subsystem and system level.
- You have proven knowledge of commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB).
- You are able to interface with industry.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Exposure to full cycle of AOCS development from Phase A to Phase E.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.