Big Data, Analytics and EO Business Unit Manager
As the RHEA Group Big Data, Analytics and Earth Observation Business Unit Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management and good performance of RHEA Group’s Business Unit related to Big Data, Analytics and EO called DATA. This includes focusing on the growth, satisfying all client contract requirements and expectations, as well as identifying and developing new business opportunities. In this position, you will assume responsibility of the RHEA Group employees and subcontractors working under projects originating from the Big Data, Analytics and EO Business Unit (DATA) to ensure deliverables are met according to the contract requirements. You will work in close collaboration with the other RHEA Group Business Unit Managers as well as the Director Technical Execution and the functional teams at RHEA Group Headquarters.
- Responsible for the overall management of the DATA Business Unit, including P&L:
- Actively build RHEA Group presence and positioning in the Big Data, Analytics and EO systems and solutions markets.
- Actively build the RHEA Group DATA team.
- Focussing on execution of existing contracts to ensure the deliverables are met in a timely manner and within the agreed budget.
- Actively support growing the existing contracts and developing new DATA business revenue streams.
- Protecting and increasing the margins of the Business Unit by regulated cost and identifying efficiencies as per Company set objectives.
- Monitoring the financial performance and putting measures in place to mitigate any risks.
- Management responsibility for all RHEA Group personnel working within the DATA Business Unit, supported by the Director Technical Execution.
- Responsible to report on demand and monthly basis to the Director Technical Execution on :
- Resourcing issues, needs and challenges.
- Project execution Status, Budget, Schedule and Quality.
- Working in close collaboration with RHEA Group designated personnel assigned Business Development support responsibility, ensuring RHEA Group is well-positioned in anticipation of the issue of customer Invitations to Tender (ITTs) or Requests for Proposal (RFP).
- Support in delivering high-quality, competitive proposals in response to customer Invitations to Tender (ITTs) or Requests for Proposal (RFP).
- Raising and maintaining RHEA Group’s reputation with their customers, developing and growing existing networks.
- You have a University level qualification in an Engineering or Science discipline.
- You have at least 10+ years experience in the European Space Sector more specifically in the EO related business.
- You have built a strong Space sector (EO and Big Data) network.
- You have a proven track record in (critical) software development, project related as well as product related.
- You have hands-on project management experience in projects with value higher than 1MEuro.
- You are strong in building and managing client and employee relationships.
- You have a proven track record of managing and growing (service) contracts.
- Strong business acumen with a talent for finding and closing commercial opportunities.
- You have a pragmatic approach to the management of operations.
- You have excellent written and spoken English skills; other European languages would be highly valued.
- You have strong verbal reasoning skills.
- You excel within a multi-cultural environment and work well with remote teams.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.