Business Development Manager
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions. We employ skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO and the major European satellite and space systems manufacturers.
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Business Development Manager to lead the growth of our Professional Engineering Services.
This position reports directly to the Business Development Director and can be based at any of the RHEA offices across Europe (Belgium, Germany, Italy or the Netherlands).
- Identify business opportunities with existing and new clients in the public and private sector.
- Ensure continuity of the existing Professional Engineering Services activities throughout the clients’ procurement cycle.
- Develop and maintain specific focussed client relationships (long term).
- Lead the implementation of the Professional Engineering Services business plan.
- Identify potential partners to guarantee the optimization of RHEA’s positioning globally as well as for specific opportunities.
- Manage the preparation of offers and proposals to customers in liaison with RHEA’s Bid Management team.
- Support negotiation of resulting contracts.
- Create and maintain a pipeline of sales leads.
- Ensure leads are properly qualified and ensure the RHEA Sales lifecycle is adhered to for all proposals.
- Achieve the business development targets for Professional Engineering Services.
- Review and propose improvements to the governance of the business development process in accordance with Best Practice.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A university degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or related subject.
- At least 4 years of experience in a business development role.
- Good knowledge of complete business winning lifecycle, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and win strategies.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise multiple, simultaneous activities.
- Excellent communicator with strong planning and delivery orientation
- Commercial / financial / business acumen.
- Able to build relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively with others to achieve goals.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Proven track record in the development of Professional Engineering Services business for the space sector.
- Knowledge of European space related institutions and industry.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.