Thursday, March 28, 2019
RHEA Group is currently looking for a Component Engineer to support the team in ESTEC.
Tasks and Activities
- Provide expertise in the field of Passive Components, Discrete Semiconductors for RF and non-RF, Complex Microcircuits for Digital, Analog, Mixed Signal and Microwave, Hybrid Technology, Micropackaging, Optoelectronics (proficiency in at least 4 of the previous 12 categories is required).
- Auditing of component manufacturers, expert engineering support to the ESCC standardization and qualification program.
- Carry out Failure Analysis tasks and other analysis tasks as required.
- Prepare reports on the analysis tasks as required.
- Support and advice concerning the performance of analysis tasks sub-contracted to external laboratories.
- Provide related technical support on EEE components to ESA projects and other D/TEC divisions in the area of hybrid technology.
- Provide technical assistance in the definition and to the management of ESA Technology programmes in the field of hybrid technology.
- Provide technical input to the formulation, review and maintenance of the technical standards and specifications relating to the evaluation and capability approval of hybrid manufacturers.
- Provide technical assistance in the formulation and monitoring of Capability Approval programmes for hybrid manufacturers.
- Support ISO certification activities.
Skills and Experience
- You have a PhD or Msc in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialization.
- You have at least 4 years of relevant professional work experience.
- You have a demonstrated background and experience in EEE component technologies in terms of constituent materials, production technology, test equipment, test tools, test methods and standards (industrial and standardisation bodies), laboratory techniques, laboratory equipment, laboratory work and procedures including common health and safety regulations.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.