Component Technology Engineer
You will support the ESA staff from the Component Technology Section in the following domains: Optoelectronics devices, Hybrids, RF and Microwave technologies, VLSI, Passive components, MNT, w.r.t. design, manufacturing and testing, standardisation and qualification.
- Providing expert technical support and consultancy to ESA projects, programmes and general studies in the field of photonic components throughout all project phases; with an emphasis on support to detector procurements for ESA projects.
- Requesting support from, defining test plans and reviewing test reports from the EEE components laboratory in physical destructive analysis, constructional analysis or failure analysis of photonics components, and performing laboratory activities as required;
- Defining, initiating and managing R&D activities within the Agency’s technology programmes related to development, evaluation and qualification of photonic EEE Components.
- You have a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physical science or related specialisation related to the subject EEE component area.
- You have a general background and specific experience in the technical domains covered by the position, e.g. experience in manufacturing of photonic components, or experience in performing inspections of detectors.
- You have hands-on hardware experience.
- You have an understanding of related technologies, R&D trends and the industrial landscape.
- You have project support experience in a relevant domain.
- You are fluent in English.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.