Component Test Engineer
You will have the opportunity to provide support to the Components Space Evaluation and Radiation Effects Section at the European Space Agency.
- Provide support to the Space Component Evaluation and Radiation Effects Section by; preparing, participating, executing irradiation test campaigns for Total Ionising Dose (TID), Displacement Damage (DD) and Single Event Effect (SEE) radiation testing of EEE components.
- Provide expertise in the field of Discrete and Complex Digital and Mixed Signal Semiconductor components.
- Carry out functional and parametric electrical testing and analysis tasks, particularly concerning Discrete and Complex Semiconductor components.
- Perform test preparations including data sheet/specification analysis, determine and create the required test set-up in hardware (design and adaptation of test boards and jigs, and software incl. test pattern definition/generation for the test system(s) used.
- Plan and implement reliability tests (environmental, endurance, stress, ESD, etc.).
- Perform selected tasks concerning the installation and upkeep of laboratory equipment and software. Undertake other physical analysis and test tasks as required.
- Contribute to the assessment of test methods, test flows, test programmes, test equipment and the planning of relevant laboratory investments.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialisation.
- You have a good overall knowledge of semiconductor technologies in terms of process, production, testing, component design, component types, component application and reliability.
- You have practical experience in the use of laboratory equipment such as parameter analysers, logic analysers, data loggers, VLSI testers, writing and adapting test SW for SZ and similar test system.
- You have a good knowledge of programming language (Labview, Python, C++,..).
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have a good knowledge of radiation effects in electronic components.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.