Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATS) Support Engineer
The CAATs is an instrument for Auditors to gather information independently and provide a means to gain access and to analyse data for a predetermined Audit objective and to report the Audit findings with emphasis on the reliability of the records produced and maintained in the system.
You will take the responsibility to develop, upgrade, maintain and extent all the ESA GNSS CAATS (computer-assisted Audit techniques) and the tools associated.
- Provide the products and the software developed to the ESA GNSS Cyber Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Develop, upgrade, maintenance and extent all the ESA GNSS CAATS (computer-assisted Audit techniques) and any associated tools.
- Perform the following services on a weekly basis:
- Upgrade and maintain the current ESA GNSS CAATS (computer-assisted Audit techniques).
- Develop a new set of tools to improve the current ESA GNSS CAATS.
- Support for the maintenance of the ESA GNSS CIA Evidences Database, currently based on Microsoft Excel.
- Integrate the inputs provided by the contractors into the ESA GNSS CAATS and develop the associated tools to perform this integration.
- Integrate the outputs from the ESA GNSS CAATS into the ESA GNSS Cyber Internal Audit Report and develop the associated tools to perform this integration.
- Develop and maintain a database with all the data inputs as the main repository of the Auditor knowledge base.
- Develop the tools to validate and verify the data provided by the contractors.
- Develop the tools to maintain records of software Audit activities (evaluation logs, status reports) provided by the contractors.
- Support to the ESA GNSS Cyber Internal Audit team for the development of specific software and scripts during the execution of the Audits.
- Maintain a ESA GNSS CAATS Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Deliver a monthly report to the ESA GNSS CIA.
- You have a minimum a bachelor´s degree or equivalent, preferably in the field of software engineering.
- You possess the EU SECRET Clearances.
- You have at least 2 years expertise in software development.
- You have experience in conducting projects reviews (document and SW development processes).
- You have experience programming in Visual Basic.
- You have knowledge in at least one area: Generalised Audit software (GAS) or Business Intelligence tools.
- You have knowledge about add-ins, plugins and apps for Microsoft Office as Power User, Power Pivot, Power Query, ParallelDots, Office Tab, Kutools, Tableau or other similar tools to increase the productivity of the Microsoft Office products.
- You have knowledge about tools as ACL or IDEA is a plus.
- You have relevant technical experience (preferably in Audit and software engineering)
- You have good stakeholder management skills.
- You are flexible and able to work in international multi-site teams.
- You have knowledge about the ISACA Framework, ISO27K, NIST or COBIT standards is an asset.
- You have a good understanding of the software development process.
- You have a good understanding of the software delivery.
- You are fluent in English.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.