Configuration Management Engineer
You will have the opportunity to perform Change and Configuration Management engineering tasks in support to a number of satellite systems being either under development or already operational.
- Identify and record the documents, software items and hardware items to be under configuration control according to the applicable procedures and contribute to the release of relevant change and configuration lists and reports;
- Organise the Anomaly and Change/Configuration Control Board meetings by preparing, convening the meetings, analysing the proposed changes, preparing the relevant Minutes of Meeting when requested, and notifying the internal and external entities as necessary;
- Follow up end-to-end the applicable anomaly and change processes with the related action items, to ensure timely information availability on the status of anomalies and changes to management;
- Follow-up end-to-end software, hardware and document deployments on controlled systems and facilities: check completeness and consistency of the deployment requests being raised, check related approvals are timely performed, follow-up any updates, track overdue actions, check readiness for closure…
- Follow-up Verification / Validation Test Reports on controlled systems and facilities.
- Keep up-to-date the CM database in order to produce CSARs (Configuration Status Accounting Reports) by identifying, relating and tracking versions of hardware items, software items and documentation for all the baselines;
- Verify the hardware and software configuration status by performing configuration audits and inspections;
- Contribute to project and programme reviews for change and configuration management aspects;
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of change and configuration management requirements;
- Contribute to the advertisement and continuous improvements of applicable EUMETSAT CM processes, procedures, guidelines;
- Contribute to the provision of training and coaching sessions to users and stakeholders;
- Contribute to the specification and production of CM metrics.
- Perform administration tasks on the CM tool.
- Attend any relevant regular coordination meetings, report on the progress of assigned actions, raise issues requiring management attention, and exchange with other CM members on respective experiences and best solutions to address common issues.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree (minimum Bachelor, preferably Master) in Computer Science or a related Engineering field.
- You have an expert knowledge and at least 5 years of practical experience in conducting and implementing change and configuration management activities on large scale software-centred systems in a development or operational environment, preferably for high-availability (24h/day or real time) systems like e.g. processing/production chains, data centres or satellite systems;
- You have a good knowledge of a Configuration Management, Quality Assurance or Project Management standard (e.g. ISO, ITIL, ANSI, ECSS, CMMI);
- You have a practical experience in specifying or reviewing change and configuration management plans, processes and working practices;
- You have a good knowledge and a practical experience with at least one change and configuration management tool (e.g. Serena Dimensions CM, Jira, Clearcase, Remedy, SBM…);
- You have a good knowledge and proven experience with project development methodologies, in particular on change and configuration management including the definition or review of upstream source code configuration management requirements, control of configuration evolutions of systems (e.g. software, hardware, databases, satellite and ground system procedures, documents, media, COTS software, COTS licences...), up to testing activities and deployment of new releases on configuration controlled environments;
- You have experience in software programming;
- You have experience in providing training sessions to a wide range of users and stakeholders.
- You have demonstrated very good communication and team working skills;
- You are able to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, in particular when applying and supporting EUMETSAT Change and Configuration management processes and working practices;
- You have demonstrated very good skills in timely and accurately documenting all his artefacts;
- You are able to work calmly under stress without supervision;
- You have a high command of English in understanding, writing and speaking
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have experience acquired in the frame of European or International space projects;
- You have experience in administration of a change and configuration management or a business process management tool;
- You have knowledge of SQL programming;
- You have knowledge of programming with a scripting language such as perl, python or vb.net;
- You have knowledge of software testing methodologies and tools.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.