Maintenance and Contract Engineer
You will have the opportunity to perform services at ESA Kourou office in support of the European Spaceport Infrastructure Office and the Exploitation Cost Monitoring Office with regards to following CSG operational contracts status, ensuring the validity of processes carried out as described in operational contracts, and helping to improve the industrial processes, with regards to exploitation related activities.
- Conferring with stakeholders about specifications, industrial capacities and capabilities, and status of projects.
- Reviewing schedules, process flows, etc. to understand methods and activities in operations, integration and services, and how to improve efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Understanding the ways industrial systems at the CSG interact and how changes in conditions (operations, launch rate, etc.) can affect outcomes.
- Proposing industrial, process, and supply chain improvements.
- Designing control systems to minimise and resolve process and project issues.
- Coordinating with others internally and externally to assess the above and to create and implement changes.
- Contributing to measures and the improvement of database structure and functionalities.
- Helping to create processes / methods to gather supplier contract and process activity data and propose and follow KPIs.
- Writing and establishment of report elements which will be directly usable in the ESA reporting system such as proposals and progress reports.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Degree qualification, preferably master’s in an engineering or related subject. Lean and/or six sigma training would be an advantage.
- You have excellent writing skills and command in French and English – both written and spoken.
- You have experience / highly developed capability in complex information data mining, analysis and reporting.
- You are able to be discreet about confidential data.
- You possess high degree of computer literacy – MS-Office products (particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Knowledge of relational database concepts will be considered an asset.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have knowledge of the CSG and its functioning.
- You have experience in contract and / or supply chain management.
- You possess relevant experience in M&A, airport operations, and/or industrial processes.