Data Processing Systems Engineer
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering services to the Earth Observation Data processing team as well as to the Operations department in the frame of maintenance and evolution of the current and future operational data processing systems.
- Support data processing system engineering activities related to phases C/E of EO programmes in particular:
- Provide expertise in data processing engineering.
- Follow-up on the facility supplier’s activities and Review of the data pack delivered for the reviews.
- Contribute to raising, processing and coordinating RIDs in the documentation provided by the prime contractor of the facility in the different reviews that will take place in the different programmes.
- Provide inputs to the definition of ICDs between data processing elements and other GS functions.
- Provide inputs to the definition of testing and Operational scenarios for data processing elements.
- Provide inputs to the definition of data processing concepts and trade-offs to support requirements understanding and justification.
- Contribute to the management of the requirements baseline for data processing elements.
- Contribute to the review of product generation specifications for Level-0, Level 1 and Level 2 processors.
- Contribute to testing, integration and acceptance of data processing elements.
- Contribute to maintenance and evolution activities.
- Review of System, Space Segment and Ground Segment documentation dealing with requirements, concepts, L0/L1/L2 algorithms and technical analyses of relevance for data processing.
- Participation in formal reviews and technical meetings at System and Ground Segment level.
- Review of documentation dealing with technical evolutions of the infrastructure.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a university degree (or equivalent) in the relevant discipline.
- You have at least 3 years’ relevant in preparation of requirements, design, interfaces and testing documentation for data processing systems for Earth Observation missions (experience on data processing for high data rates missions will be considered an asset).
- You have more than 8 years’ relevant experience with L1/L2 processing software for Earth Observation missions, either for operations/maintenance or specification and development.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of the requirements engineering process, including relation between requirements, ICDs, design and testing documentation.
- You are able to learn and develop the needed skills and knowledge to contribute to the implementation of the service. This includes the ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context;
- You have demonstrated experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- You are fluent in English (communication and writing skills).
- You are willing to work within a multidisciplinary context in cooperation with other teams. The ability to maintain a system overview is essential.
- You possess a systematic approach to work, are able to plan your work and cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks.
- You are capable to write accurate and consistent technical documentation.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have knowledge of the IBM DOORS tool or an equivalent for requirements management.
- You have experience of validating complex remote sensing data processing systems.
- You have knowledge of ECSS and CCSDS standards.
- You have knowledge and/or experience of quality control, instrument calibration and IV&V.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.