Dependability & Safety Engineer
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to the Dependability & Safety Assurance Section at the European Space Agency.
- Technical support to projects for the interpretation of safety requirements and participation in safety reviews
- Support preparation and preliminary assessment of Safety Data Package for Safety Authority approval
- Support R&D activities (e.g. TRP, GSP, GSTP, CDs Dossiers etc)
- Participate in collaborative activities with universities, research institutes and industry (scouting, Research Fellowship, NPI etc.)
- Support organisation of conferences and workshops
- Contribute to continual improvement of the RAMS Toolbox
- Support preparation of training courses and materials
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline with at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- You have relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in ground and/or ground based systems and operations.
- You have experience in design and engineering of safety critical systems.
- You have a hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations.
- You have experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining the relevant launch centre safety certification.
- You have knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification" and related certification schemes, and experience in interfacing certification authorities.
- You have knowledge of EU Safety Directive as “Directive 98/37/EC Machinery”, Directive 99/92/EC Risk from Explosive Atmospheres”, “Directive 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment” and other safety directives relevant for space.
- You are familiar with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.