Earth Observation Data Analysis Specialist
RHEA Group is currently recruiting an EO data analysis specialist to support studies of new mission concepts at our client’s premises in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- Support the definition and monitoring of activities for the preparation of future ESA Earth observation missions,
- Review TNs and actively participate to studies and progress meetings related to EO future mission studies,
- Support elaboration of SOWs for EO future mission studies
- Contribute to ensure the coherency of the end-to-end concept and design of future EO missions, including, as needed, mission performance analyses, simulations and analysis of observations and products, Level 1 and/or Level 2 product and algorithm analyses, and data analysis for validation and mission performance during phase E of a mission in support of future missions. The specific analyses can be related to satellite or dedicated sub-orbital mission (campaign) concepts.
- Perform internal studies for future EO missions, in particular to assess the results of external activities or to prepare the formulation of new mission concepts
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have an MSc in Engineering with a strong background in satellite remote sensing, particularly altimetry and/or sensing using L-band signals.
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- You have hands-on experience with related data processing and simulations and a very good knowledge of the corresponding application areas.
- You have good knowledge of relevant programming languages (e.g. Matlab, Python). Knowledge of specific software packages suited for the identified tasks or domains.
- You are able to work both autonomously and as a part of a team, have good communication and technical writing skills, good organisation skills.
- You are methodical and pro-active, with spirit of initiative and capability to work independently.
- You have the capability to synthesise, summarise and take conclusions.
- You have proficiency in written and spoken English.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of SECRET or above.