EO Promotion Packages Support
In this role you will have the opportunity to support ESA to prepare, maintain and distribute to the broadest possible audience packages of EO promotion materials for communicating and increasing awareness of the benefits of science and applications achievements in ESA EO programmes.
The scope of work will include:
- Collect, review and collate, raw texts and support materials, including technical reports, and images from authoritative sources such as EOEP5 Block 4 projects , CCI projects
- Prepare EO promotional texts, reports and brochures suitable for non-specialist audiences
- Prepare document layouts for specialized EO technical reports and memoranda
- Proof-read and copy-edit draft texts prepared by EO technical specialists, to ensure clarity and intelligibility by non specialist readers
- Liaise with ESA Publications division to ensure compliance of reports in preparation with applicable ESA layout and document standards
- Assemble high-quality promotional packages to support dedicated EO promotional events and campaigns: (e.g. launches, VIP visits, major symposia) including posters, articles, news-letters, flyers, images, graphics, application fact-sheets, power-point presentations, web-pages, suitable for different target audiences ranging from general public, press and media, to decision makers
- Update and maintain the database of available ESA EO promotional materials
- Liaise with on-site graphics service for graphic content and layout of complex documents
- Liaise with on-site printing services at ESRIN for printing of EO promotion
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a qualified tertiary level with e.g. professional diploma or certification, or university degree in subjects relevant to communication or EO.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a directly relevant industrial or research environment.
- English to first language standard
- Extensive experience of copy-editing and layout of complex technical documents
- Experience with Desktop Publishing SW (e.g. Indesign, QuarkXpress)
- Good communication and technical writing skills
- Proficiency in MS office tools
- General knowledge of ESA EO programmes, missions, applications and user communities
- Proven expertise in production of high-quality promotion material related to EO
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.