ESERO Project Officer
You will have the opportunity to support the implementation of the European Space Education Resource Office (ESERO) project and network for the primary and secondary education communities in ESA’s Member States, both from the STEM Education and project management points of view. You will have the opportunity to support the implementation of the European Space Education Resource Office (ESERO) project and network for the primary and secondary education communities in ESA’s Member States, both from the STEM Education and project management points of view.
- Supporting the follow up of all ESERO contracts; in particular acting as one of ESA Education contact points for the ESERO Project Managers, following-up on STEM education deliverables (teacher training, classroom resources and activities, project awareness raising), reporting and invoicing related issues;
- Supporting the organization of progress meetings with each ESERO Office and related stakeholders/national partners, as well as providing support to the organization of annual workshops with all ESERO managers;
- Providing feedback to ESERO national operators on the suitability of ESERO deliverables from the point of view of their scientific/technical and educational accuracy and adequacy;
- Ensuring the proper transfer of ESA technical and scientific know-how, properly filtered for educational purposes, to the ESERO network; to this end, liaise with the ESA/ESERO Working Groups, and with ESA scientific and technical experts for fact and information finding and filtering; facilitating access to ESA experts when required;
- In accordance with the demand and opportunities identified by ESA and the ESEROs, proposing ways to make ESA educational content and activities accessible to education networks and providers;
- Supporting the evaluation of ESERO activities against Key Performance Indicators;
- Responding to the direct contacts and requests from education stakeholders, networks, projects and providers in ESA Member States and, when required, in EU Member States and/or beyond European level;
- Contributing to the promotion of ESERO activities through appropriate outreach channels within and outside ESA, and ensuring the compliance of ESERO activities with the outreach guidelines in force;
- Contribute to the outreach activities of the ESA Education office when required.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a university Master degree, or equivalent, in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), and experience in large scale education projects, possibly at European level; active school-level STEM teaching and communication are an asset;
- You have experience in international environments;
- You are autonomous in the execution of tasks and able to manage workload and identifying priorities; able to cope with pressure, meet deadlines and deliver on time;
- You are fluent in English; knowledge of another Member State language is an asset;
- You have good communication skills, verbal (in public and during formal meetings) and written; able to work in a team;
- You are available to travel.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.