Fixed Asset Administrator
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
You will have the opportunity to provide support to Finance Accounting & Fixed Asset Section.
Tasks and Activities
- Collect capital expenditure information, analyse nature and review supporting documentation to determine eligibility for capitalisation as construction and development assets;
- Monitor in close cooperation with the Directorates, all financial and non-Financial modifications to Fixed assets in compliance with ESA internal policies and procedures;
- Support the Directorates for performing the periodic physical inspection of fixed assets, reviewing the results, conducting necessary follow up and accounting adjustments;
- Based on the information provided by the Directorates, perform accounting for equipment disposals, impairments….
- Reconcile property, equipment and intangible assets sub-ledgers to General Ledger;
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed;
- Maintain fixed assets master data in the corporate database;
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation;
- Provide timely support to project teams on matters related to fixed assets acquisition, development and or management.
- Any other ad-hoc queries as assigned
Skills and Experience
- You have a Master Degree in finance/accounting or equivalent qualification/Work experience at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- You have consistent relevant work experience in the domain of Fixed Asset.
- You have solid experience and excellent understanding of IFRS/IPSAS, in particular IPSAS 17 and IPSAS 31.
- You have management / Accounting experience in a multinational company with long term development projects.
- You have the ability to interface with technical owners of fixed assets and willingness to understand their perspective.
- You have good communication skills, both written and verbal and Ability to work well in team.
- You have strong knowledge of SAP FI-AA and MS Excel.
- You are fluent in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
- You have experience working in a high volume environment and/or with multiple business lines
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.