Flight Dynamics Engineer (AEOLUS)
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to a particular service within Earth Observation (AOLUS Mission) but with the possibility of supporting other service and/or missions (such as SWARM, CRYOSAT-2, CLUSTER-II).
- Command Generation:
- Execution of and support to operational tasks
- Generation of task related command parameters
- Generation of task related reports
- Flight Dynamics Application Layer:
- Maintenance of elements of the Flight Dynamics Application Layer
- Flight Dynamics System Development:
- Specification of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Implementation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Installation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements on operational platform(s)- design, coordination and implementation of tests
- Participation in tests
- Set-up procedures
- Flight Dynamics (Sub-)System configuration
- Coordination of internal and external interfaces and activities across subsystems General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics
- You are able to apply your knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
- You are able to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C++)
- You will take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- You are fluent in English, both in speech and writing
- You are able to coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields.
- You are able to work independently
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You are familiar with the ESOC environment
- You are familiar and have experience with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks
- You have experience in dealing with external interfaces
- You have experience with Oracle/Solaris and/or Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration
- You are able to multi-task efficiently; work on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.