Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer
You will have the opportunity to support the Test and Validation for AOCS related processes and products of Science Missions but you may be requested to assume the responsibility and perform activities for additional services, missions and activities within the scope of general Flight Dynamics operations engineering services.
You will be primarily assigned to a particular service within the Science Missions but with the possibility of supporting other services and/or missions.
The service to be provided are primarily related to JUICE. Services may also be requested related to SOLAR ORBITER, BEPICOLOMBO, EUCLID.
- Test and Validation:
- Execution of and support to operational tasks
- Validation of operational Flight Dynamics data products, such as command parameter sets, reports, event predictions and acquisition data before delivery to FCT and other users)
- Flight Dynamics Application Layer:
- Maintenance of elements of the Flight Dynamics Application Layer
- Flight Dynamics System Development:
- Specification of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Implementation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Installation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements on operational platform(s)- design, coordination and implementation of tests
- Participation in tests
- Definition and maintenance of procedures
- Flight Dynamics (Sub-)System configuration and definition of Test & Validation processes
- Coordination of interfaces and activities across subsystems
- General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree in mathematics, physics, a relevant engineering field or astronomy.
- You have an analytical approach to technical problems to develop and implement engineering solutions.
- You possess a thorough understanding of fundamental laws and phenomena in mathematics and physics and skill to apply this knowledge.
- You have very good skills in linear algebra and calculus.
- You have very good skills in classical mechanics.
- You have experience in computer programming.
- You are willing to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams.
- You are fluent in English, both in speech and writing.
- You coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields.
- You are able to work independently.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have experience in programming object-oriented languages, preferably C++.
- You have experience with Linux.
- You have experience in numerical mathematics.
- You are familiar with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.