G2G Spacecraft Operations Engineer
You will have the opportunity to support the definition of the System Operations concepts and requirements for the next generation of Galileo, through active interfacing with System and Segments design experts, to ensure that the system functionalities and performances fulfil the mission objectives of the new Galileo generation.
You will be primarily assigned to the Systems Operations Engineering of the Galileo Second Generation, supporting at the same time other missions within the Galileo programme, e.g. Galileo First Generation.
- Define and maintain the System Operations project documentation for the next Generation of Galileo, including the System Level Operations Concept, both CLA and UNCLA and the Operations Service Requirement Document. Particular focus is expected on the compatibility analysis between the new generation of Galileo Satellites and the Ground Segment evolutions, the new planning functionalities as well as operations automation and monitoring and control aspects.
- Identify the required Operational Improvements to be injected in the new system functional architecture definition, based on a systematic analysis of the lessons learned derived from the Galileo first generation.
- Interface the System design experts within the Project to ensure that the system functionalities and performances fulfil the new mission objectives and operability requirements for all the different mission scenarios and system operating modes.
- Based on the operations concept evolution and lessons learned analysis, derive operability requirements in support of the System and Segment requirements definition and consolidation.
- Support the Galileo Project Office on the interactions with the Galileo GNSS Supervisory Authority Agency (GSA) for the definition of operational needs coming from service requirements.
- Active participation to Galileo Evolution Engineering Boards, System and Segments Working Groups.
- Active participation to Galileo System and Segments Project Reviews and coordination of the interaction between the operations team and the Galileo Project Office.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree or equivalent education in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering.
- You have advanced knowledge of the current GALILEO system and its expected evolution.
- You have proven experience in in operations engineering (analysis of mission requirements, operational feasibility, identification of main operational drivers and definition of system operational concepts) to support both ground mission control system and satellite design to ensure that the overall system functionalities and performances fulfil the mission objectives and operability requirements.
- You have a good understanding of mission control systems integration and verification, including the integration and testing of the individual ground elements up to the progressive integration and acceptance of the whole system and related interfaces.
- You have advanced knowledge of the current Galileo operational processes related to operations preparation, validation and execution and related interfaces.
- You have proven experience in engineering coordination tasks and capability to interface with system design experts at both Project and Industry support level.
- You have good communication skills and the ability to carry out activities and interact in a complex teamwork environment.
- You have good practical and analytical skills.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have experience in a commercial/industrial environment
- You are able to multi-task efficiently: working on multiple activities simultaneously
- You are familiar with the ESTEC environment
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.