Galileo Ground Segment Evolution Engineer
You will have the opportunity to support the System Engineering and the Ground Segment infrastructure evolution taking care transversally of the Galileo operations and maintenance related aspects.
- Provide support in terms of system level engineering to follow up the activities performed by ESA at system level. This support includes:
- follow up of GSA and ESA Engineering Boards CLA and UNCLA activities and attendance whenever necessary with the scope of ensuring consistency between operator’s expectations and the evolution of system requirement (STRB 2.0 and beyond)
- participation to system design and qualification reviews at system level and review of the relevant documentation
- participate to system non-conformances review boards (NRB) and follow up at segment level the ARs linked to system NCRs
- follow up the system test activities on INT chain and liaise as necessary with the operators (GSOP and GSMC) for ensuring transfer of information regarding procedures used for system tests
- Provide support in terms of segment level engineering to follow up ESA GS procurement and technical managers to follow up, technically and contractually, the procurement of the Galileo Control and Mission segments ensuring maximum alignment to GSOp expectations in terms of operability and maintenance aspects. This includes:
- Participation to design and qualification milestones at segment level and review of the relevant documentation
- Coordinate on behalf of GSA with ESA and GSOP the transfer of assets of qualified infrastructure to Galileo Service Provider and ensure that no critical anomalies are handed over after segment qualification is declared successful
- Ensure that the process for handing over L2/L3 maintenance is progressing as necessary towards FOC2
- Ensure with ESA the necessary support is provided by the ground segment primes to solve anomalies impacting service provision
- Support GSA whenever necessary for the technical evaluation of segment evolutions proposed by ESA
- Review the ESA and Industrial reports
- Contribute to the elaboration and reporting of the system and infrastructure related risks
- Support and review the definition of the work related to Galileo infrastructure evolutions plans and roadmaps
- Deliver reports regularly (weekly) to GSA management
- You have a University degree in the relevant discipline.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have a prior experience in the Galileo Programme – either in Galileo Control System (GCS) or Galileo Mission System (GMS).
- You have at least 3 years of experience in Ground Segment engineering activities.
- You are able to liaise with high-level stakeholder from industry and institution.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.