Galileo Project System Engineer
You will have the opportunity to provide system engineering support to the Galileo Project Management team, namely in the areas of Technical schedule control, Technical reviews organization, project risk management, project cost control and procurement.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Galileo system prime schedules, customer-furnished items list and Galileo system design, development and validation plan (technical core planning document).
- Controlling schedules of the industrial technical activities and progress with respect to plans by reviewing progress reports, participating to progress and technical meetings;
- Contributing to the preparation of tender and contract change documents covering technical schedule, risk management, programmatic and financial matters, participating in the evaluation of industrial proposals and contract change documents;
- Participate in the negotiations of industrial proposals for the areas of technical schedule, risk and financial matters;
- Contributing to preparing preliminary change implementation proposals in response to program level technical change requests (from the EC as Program Manager and/or GSA – entity responsible for the Galileo operations) covering financial, risk and technical scheduling aspects;
- Organising and participating in ESA technical reviews of industrial activities involving coordination with external entities such as EC, GSA and other security-related bodies as required;
- Contributing to the project risk management function by identifying and documenting risks, analysing its probability/impact and proposing appropriate mitigation actions;
- Contributing to preparation and analysis of internal/external status reports and plans,
- Interface with industrial primes in support to the Galileo Procurement Managers ensuring industry compliance with established formal requirements for management, costs, technical schedule and risk-reporting.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s or equivalent qualification in engineering.
- You have a previous experience in project management and negotiation in industrial context.
- You are expected to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills, as well as planning and organisation skills, attention to detail and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- You possess sound judgment; have integrity and good communications skills.
- You have a very good working knowledge of spoken and written English.
- You must be willing to do some travelling.
- You must be eligible for Galileo security clearance by their national security administration.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.