RHEA Group is looking for a Geoscience Expert to join our exciting UK Space Agency-funded project developing a Drought and Flood Mitigation Service (DFMS) that will help Ugandan farmers respond to effects in agriculture effectively.
The project is led by RHEA Group working together with the Ugandan Ministry of Water and Environment and local NGOs. DFMS will use satellite- and ground-based data to share better weather forecasts.
The scope of work will include:
- Build Earth Observation indices (ex. Urbanisation, vegetation)
- Transform and configuration of raw data to ARD (Analysis Ready Data)
- Review of Earth Observation derived products
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have MSc or PhD in the field of Environmental Science (ex. Geology, Geophysics, Remote Sensing, GIS, Earth Observation.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Environmental Mapping, Environmental Monitoring/Modelling.
- Basic skills in Python