You will have the opportunity to support to the ESTEC GNC Section for the development of space transportation GNC systems. This comprises, flight vehicles ranging from Expandable Launchers, Reusable Launch Vehicles RLV's as well as Ascenders and Landers for Exploration applications.
- Specific tasks address the multi disciplinary/physics and high-fidelity End-to-End vehicle dynamics modelling with implementation in 6DoF simulation environments (Matlab, Simulink, DSpace).
- Track record in the design of classical space transportation GNC systems including Thrust Vector Control/Attitude Control Systems. Mastering of advanced multivariable GNC design and verification approaches for the stability and performance robustness analysis is a prerequisite.
- Daily support and independent expert analyses to the development of ongoing and future ascender and descender systems including micro-launchers, re-entry systems, re-usable VTVL Systems in atmospheric and orbital flight on current ESA Simulation and Verification Platforms.
- Specific GNC design tasks shall include detailed flight mechanics, environment, aero-dynamics, structures, propulsion, actuator and sensor system modelling.
- Perform system sizing, requirements capture, architecture conception, advanced GNC design as well as performance and SW validation analyses.
- Support to the conception of new Mission Vehicle and Flight Management (MVMS) Systems towards incremental Flight Autonomy. The MVMS architectures shall include Advanced Monitoring and Reconfiguration Systems (FDIR) as well as state-of the art Flight SW based on Robust Adaptable Control & Real-Time Optimised Guidance Strategies. New efficient validation Advanced Analysis Tools must be mastered to drastically improve the gaps and shortcomings of current validation approaches.
- Provide regular Technical Reporting of the GNC Design and Analysis as well as contribute in the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews.
- You have a Master’s Degree in Control and Aerospace engineering
- You have proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of GNC systems in different project phases.
- You have proven knowledge of modern control design methods, commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB).
- You have experience with rapid-prototyping of hardware-in-the-loop systems.
- You are able to interface with industry
- You are fluent in English.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.