GNSS Data Processing Engineer
You will have the opportunity to support the Galileo Reference Centre (GRC) Manager. GRC is responsible for the following:
- Independent Monitoring of Service Provision/ Performance Monitoring of Galileo services.
- Multi-GNSS Independent Monitoring (compatibility & Interoperability).
- Interface with Cooperating entities (i.e. cooperating entities from EU Member States, Norway and Switzerland).
- Support development, implementation and optimization of GNSS data processing systems.
- Processing and archiving of data from GNSS networks, meteorological sensors, etc.
- Coordinate contractors on GRC site.
- Coordinate/interface internally within the GSA (GSA-HQ, GSC and GSMC) and externally with EC, ESA, and Member states.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in data processing activities working with various tools.
- You have hands-on Experience with GNSS Data Processing tools such as Bernese GNSS Software, GAMIT/GLOBK, GIPSY-OASIS, BKG Ntrip Client, and IGS products.
- You have experience in GNSS related activities.
- You have experience in project management and/or industrial procurement activities.
- You have knowledge of radio-navigation satellite systems and/or receivers.
- You have excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have hands-on experience of operating complex systems.
- You have programming / Scripting experience with Matlab, C/C++, Python, and UNIX environment.
- You have knowledge of the GNSS Systems and PRS design.
- You have knowledge/experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Precise orbit determination
- GNSS Timing applications
- Innovative techniques for Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring (e.g. ARAIM)
- You have experience with working in line with EU security regulations, international security standards (e.g. ISO standard 27001), and in Security Accreditation domain, in particular if experience in security-related matters of the Galileo programmes.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.