Ground Segment AIV Engineer
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to the Galileo Project Office in the activities of Ground Segment AIV (Assembly, Integration and Validation) that are carried out in the frame of Galileo Ground Mission Segment.
- Support the Fucino and Oberpfaffenhofen Coordination Meetings in all aspects related to AIV (test activities, anomalies, remote sites, installation and deployment, migration of elements). This includes follow-up during the week of the activities agreed and reporting of status at the end of the week.
- Support the Anomaly Review Board (ARB) and System NRBs in all aspects related to anomalies or NCRs from GMS, including:
- Follow up of the actions allocated to the different stakeholders (Ground Segment, OPS, System, ILS)
- Input for preparation of the agenda selecting the most critical anomalies
- Check of the status of the Anomaly Reports (ARs) including their closure by successful test by OPS (operational validation, see below)
- Follow up and evaluation of workarounds proposed by Segment prime while anomalies are being corrected
- Support the GCC Change Control Board (CCBs) of both Fucino and Oberpfaffenhofen, including:
- Follow up of the configuration of the deployed ground segment in both OPE and VAL chains
- Maintenance of a Configuration Change Request (CCR) dashboard for OPE and VAL Chains with the updated status of implementation
- Support the Workaround Check Point Meeting
- Contribute to various reporting to upper management on status of GMS, AIV and infrastructure deployed in GCCs and remote sites.
- AIV Engineering - Review AIV documentation (AIV Plans, RVMs, Test Cases)
- Follow up of GMS Segment Tests (in AIV Factory in Stuttgart; in GCC-I Fucino ; and in GCC-D in Oberpfaffenhofen)
- Review and acceptance of Test Procedures
- Support TRRs and ensure that planned testing is correct in terms of qualification objectives, configuration, and adequacy of the Test Procedures. Decide on go/no-go for start of formal testing based on those criteria
- Witness dry runs and formal test execution on site and in factory if needed
- Contribute to Segment Qualification by
- Providing confirmation that requirements have been correctly verified by the test runs
- Follow-up of non-conformances found during test, and prepare inputs for the relevant NRBs.
- Follow-up of non-regression test campaigns and repetition of tests to maintain qualification credits
- Support delivery of new releases of the Segment (DRB – Delivery Review Board) by
- Follow up of deployment of element SW and HW in the GCC
- Follow up the corresponding verification test campaign
- Follow up the configuration audit
- Ensure that non-conformances and RFWs/RFDs are properly described and treated
- Support the DRB meeting
Support to System Verification Activities
- Support the following types of System Verification activities:
- Ground Segment Integration (including Mission Planning)
- System Functional Tests
- Tests of External Interfaces
- SCTC (System Compatibility Test Campaigns)
- Secure IOT (S-IOT) and SV Introduction tests
- Event Centralization tests
- by performing the following tasks:
- Review the corresponding documentation (System RVMs, System AIV Plans, System Test Cases and Test Procedures)
- Participation in the test activities (attend TRRs and TRBs, perform or witness test execution, review qualification test results and test logs)
- Participation in NRBs/ARBs analyzing non-compliances and RFWs
- Identify and report on anomalies impacting System activities and provide support for follow-up and resolution
- Coordination with GCS for alignment of baseline
Liaison with OPS
- Follow up of OPS validation activities in VAL Chain
- Follow up of OPS activities in OPE Chain
- Coordination with OPS to facilitate GMS L2 maintenance in OPE Chain
- Ensure anomaly reports and limitations are properly followed up by the ground segment contractor
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have more than 5 years of demonstrated experience working in integration/verification of large, distributed ground segments, preferably in space, aircraft, or military projects.
- You have proven experience in Satellite Navigation, Galileo project and its Ground Segment.
- You have good IT knowledge of modern client/server system, network security functions.
- You have end-to-end knowledge of complex data processing and real time systems.
- You have proven experiences with IT systems, RT OS and IP networks, MS Office Tools, requirements management and integration/verification.
- You are fluent in English, both in speech and writing, with excellent communication, reporting and presentation skills
- You are able to work in international teams distributed throughout Europe
- You have a good knowledge of operational environment and of needs of operators
- You have experience at system level, System thinking
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You are familiar with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000
- You have some experience dealing with security environments
- You can travel frequently within Europe
- You are able to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.