Ground Segment Procurement Engineer
You will have the opportunity to contribute to monitoring and control the development and validation of the EPS-SG Operational Processors.
- Monitor the development and testing of EPS-SG Operational Processors providing relevant support to the Technical Officer;
- Attend and contribute to meetings and reviews associated to the development lifecycle of the Operational Processors.
- Witness as an observer any testing activities involving the Operational Processors.
- Witness as an observer any integration activities involving the Operational Processors.
- Contribute to following up and closing of Actions, Open Points, and Review Item Discrepancies.
- Attend and contribute to reviews and/or technical meetings related to:
- EPS-SG Processing Specifications;
- EPS-SG Test Data;
- EPS-SG Calibration and Validation plan;
- Assessment of impact of new Processing Specification on the Operational Processors.
- Contribute to Operational Processors related meetings
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (e.g. Computer Science and/or Software Engineering, Atmospheric Physics, Remote Sensing) or comparable qualifications in an operational Data Processing field, with more than 10 years’ experience in related domains.
- You have skills and hands-on experience (i.e. more than 3 years) in the following mandatory areas:
- Procurement activities (e.g. interfacing with industrial contractors), preferably in the field of payload data ground processing;
- Design, Verification and Validation of Meteorological and/or Earth Observation Operational Processors.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English.
- You are able to perform multiple tasks under a tight schedule.
- You are able to fulfil assigned tasks without supervision.
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have a practical knowledge of Big Data technologies, including in particular Kafka and Storm.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.