Ground Segment Software Engineer
RHEA Group is continuously looking to recruit Software Development Engineer to support our software engineering team in Darmstadt, Germany.
You will have the opportunity to develop and support the mission control system and its add-on tools that will operate Europe's future generation of satellite and space missions.
The European Ground Systems – Common Core (EGS-CC) is a European initiative to develop a common infrastructure to support space systems monitoring and control in pre- and post-launch phases for all mission types. This is expected to bring a number of benefits, such as the seamless transition from spacecraft Assembly, Integration and Testing (AIT) to mission operations, reduce cost and risk, support the modernisation of legacy systems and promote the exchange of ancillary implementations across organizations. The initiative is being performed as collaboration between ESA, European National Agencies and European Industry and RHEA Group is playing a major part in its implementation.
- You will be working on a range of challenging projects, as one of the key software engineers developing systems used for the automated monitoring and control of spacecraft.
- You will participate in the development of EGS-CC base systems for current and future satellite missions for our customers in the European space industry.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have at least a bachelor degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering or equivalent;
- You must have at least 4 years of experience working in the software development environment.
- Space system engineering and design preferred;
- Specific space domain knowledge would be a strong plus, in particular:
- EGS-CC system
- SCOS-2000 mission control system
- ECSS standards
- CCSDS packet and MO standards
- You must have hands on experience in
- Java (7/8),
- relevant testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Mockito),
- at least one relevant build tool: maven (preferred) or Gradle
- You should have strong knowledge of technical document writing – notably, user requirements, design documentation, and test documentation;
- You possess a dynamic and proactive attitude, with a strong commitment to the ongoing development and quality of the RHEA Group products;
- You have excellent communications skills, with very good written and spoken English.
Knowledge or experience in the following will be considered a plus:
- SQL and at least one RDBMS, such as MySQL (preferred), PostgreSQL, Oracle DB, etc.
- UML design and modelling tools
- OSGi and related tooling (Apache Karaf, Pax Exam, Equinox)
- Eclipse RCP (3/4)
- Eclipse IDE
- Eclipse Modelling Framework (EMF)
- Xtext and Xtend
- CI tooling (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonarqube)
- other JVM languages (Groovy, Scala, Clojure, etc.)
- virtualization tools, such as Docker, VMWare, Kubernetes, Mesos
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.