Ground Stations System Engineer
You will provide your engineering expertise to the Ground Stations engineering related and will contribute to the activities of ground segment developments in the areas of Ground Stations, RF and Telecommunications.
- Contribute to the follow up of the detailed design and development activities of Phase B/C/D of the future ground segments in the areas of Ground Stations, RF and Telecommunications
- Contribute to the MTG MDAF and TTCF Warranty and Maintenance phases in the areas of Telecommunications, RF and Ground Stations,
- Contribute to the maintenance and evolution in phase E to the other programmes within EUMETSAT in the areas of Telecommunications, RF and Ground Stations.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have an university degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline relevant to the profile together with the experience and capability to fulfil the assigned tasks.
- You have, as a pre-requisite, a demonstrated experience in a similar function for at least 2 years in the following:
- Ground stations system and subsystem design and development for TT&C;
- Knowledge of modulation/demodulation schemes applied by Ground to Space ICD for TT&C and payload data transmission (e.g. ECSS and CCSDS Standards).
- Technical background in the specification and V&V of ground stations and large antennas and tracking systems for GEO and LEO satellites
- TT&C baseband equipment and SLE compliant implementations;
- You are fluent in English.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have competence and experience in the engineering processes for managing requirements from the definition phase through the traceability, verification, validation and maintenance stages using formal methods and tools (e.g. DOORs);
- You possess system experience with Link budget analysis and tools in S, X and Ka Band.
- You have knowledge of standard RF and microwave tools and S/W package for generation of signal processing related simulations and/or semi-automated measurement procedures.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.