International Cooperation Projects Support
You will have the opportunity to support ESA in the management and coordination of large international cooperation projects in the frame of international cooperation programmes (e.g. the DRAGON projects with China and the TIGER projects with Africa).
The scope of work will include:
- Support the coordination of dedicated International cooperation projects Calls
- Support project evaluations submitted to international cooperation projects Calls
- Survey, collect, evaluate, document international cooperation projects results and trends
- Liaise with the scientific community involved in cooperation projects
- Review project deliverables and summarise feedback from USERs on exploitation issues (e.g. recommendations for performance improvements to ESA products or services)
- Liaise with user services for data ordering, delivery, and conflict handling
- Planning and organisation of cooperation projects progress meetings
- Coordination of international scientific workshops
- Monitor and report on outcome of related progress meetings, symposia, workshops
- Prepare project related documents packages (project fact sheets, reports, abstracts books, workshop programmes, flyers etc.)
- Support the planning & organisation of thematic EO USER training courses related to international cooperation projects
- Preparation of training & promo materials for advanced USER training courses
- Collect and evaluate feedback from advanced USER training courses
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- The candidate should possess a degree in a relevant technical field such as Physics, Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Geography, Geosciences, Meteorology.
- Ideally a higher-level degree qualification (such as MSc or PhD) in relevant fields of SAR processing, signal and image processing, optical remote sensing, Radar Altimetry, oceanography, hydrology, cryospheric science, geodesy
- The candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in a directly relevant industrial or research environment.
- Extensive experience of ESA EO missions, related science and applications
- Project coordination experience within international environment
- Specialist skills in: exploitation of SAR and passive microwave sensors, Optical remote sensing of land/ocean, Radar Altimetry, Atmospheric sounding,
- Expertise in applications development with EO missions from other operators
- Good knowledge of EO products, formats and analysis tools
- Experience of EO data ordering, handling, processing & archiving
- Experience in the designing and producing EO promotional material
- Experience preparing international EO scientific workshops
- High proficiency in MS office tools
- Good communication and technical writing skills
- Experience in drafting and editing complex technical reports
- Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution
- Be able to work both autonomously
- Be bale to work with multi-national team
- Have a positive attitude to international cooperation.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.