International HR Generalist
You will work in close collaboration with the Business Unit Managers in the regions as well as the Recruitment Team and provide support and counsel in various HR areas at a European level. You responsibilities will include all aspects of Human Resources such as compensation & benefits, employee relations, policy and program administration, HR processes, etc.
This is a temporary assignment from 15 September 2019 to 31 March 2020 (maternity replacement).
- Deliver advice and guidance to employees as well as managers based in the various countries on the full range of employment matters, or on benefits details and procedures.
- Ensure smooth and regular communications with employees in all regions and follow up on the day-to-day employee queries addressed to HR.
- Be the main point of contact in support of non-residents, ranging from assistance with relocation, work permits, payroll set-up and income taxes.
- Provide assistance in the daily management & administration of compensation and benefits in Europe as well as support the implementation of new programs.
- Implement salary split set-ups and handle related administration.
- Contribute to the implementation, management and administration of the existing HR processes. Make suggestions for the development and update of current and new policies and procedures. Assist in the development of HR policies and procedures for consistency, compliance and efficiency.
- Assist the Recruitment Team with advice on various employment matters or salary queries in support of the negotiations with candidates.
- Participate in HR Projects to ensure successful and timely delivery
- Support the implementation of a new ERP system from a payroll/HR perspective.
- Be a back-up for international payrolls as needed.
- You have minimum 3 years of experience in payroll, social legislation and compensation and benefits administration preferably in an international environment. Experience in dealing with expatriate administration is a plus.
- You are able to deal with all levels of company management. Confidentiality is a must.
- You are fluent in English and French (spoken and written). Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
- You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to respond effectively to questions from groups of employees and managers alike.
- You have good computer software knowledge, including database applications, ERP and spreadsheet applications to produce various reports.
- You have a strong HR generalist background, with demonstrated experience in benefits/comp administration, administration of policies and procedures and some experience in handling difficult and moderately complex employee relations issues.
- Some travel in Europe required.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.