IT Security Design Specialist / Security Architect
Friday, February 22, 2019
Tasks and Activities
- Work in partnership with all stakeholders to identify technical architecture, challenges, risks, and recommendations for various ISED initiatives.
- Review business requirements to develop tailored security control requirements;
- Review, analyze, and identify significance and implications of market/ technology trends in order to apply them within architecture roadmaps and solution designs. (examples: Identify Management, APIs, Cloud, Blockchain, Ai);
- Review, analyze, and/or apply best practices and standards related to the concept of network zoning and defense in-depth principles;
- Prepare reports such as current vs future state assessments, requirement analysis, options analysis, technical architecture documents,
- Participation in related IT Security meetings, discussions and presentations to stakeholders or senior
- Provide security architecture design and engineering support;
- Develop and deliver training material relevant to the resource category;
- Design and maintain cybersecurity architecture of enterprise systems environment on premise and in the cloud;
- Review and verification of new third-party vendors with respect to their information security policies and procedures, including administration of all third-party contracts which require security controls;
- Assist in the design, implementation, and maintaining of enterprise security event monitoring and programs and processes;
- Assist in defining the Information Security Strategy and Plan for the organization in collaboration with the Chief Information Officer and other stakeholders;
- Assist as necessary in both internal and external cybersecurity audits, assessments and evaluations;
- Maintain and update all security training documents;
- Provide updates/status reporting to project team management as required.
Skills and Experience
- You must hold a valid Government of Canada Secret security clearance.
- You must be legally able to work in Canada.
- You must have an advanced university degree or post-secondary diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science.
- You have demonstrated professional work experience designing, developing and maintaining cybersecurity architecture(s).
- You have demonstrated professional work experience performing cybersecurity audits and tests on systems and applications to ensure the cybersecurity architectural framework is maintained.
- You have one or more of the following certifications:
- CISSP-ISSAP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional – Information Systems Security Architecture Professional)
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control)