IT Systems Architect
You will have the opportunity to provide IT support to the Infrastructure Management Section.
- Introduce IT synergies across the TEC Departments, aligning Knowledge Bases and lnformation Repositories.
- Maintain understanding of business issues, operating procedures and priorities, actively seeking opportunities for increased business agility, ensuring all different services are integrated and in line with the Directorate’s IT architecture plan.
- Provide help to formalise requirements and assess impact on security, software licenses and cost, especially where contacts among different services are needed and questions go beyond the current computing service offerings.
- Provide help with system architecture and design:
- Encourage reuse of existing IT services / technologies.
- Favour solutions compatible with existing infrastructure.
- Formalize user stories and requirements.
- Assess impact on security, software licenses, cost, etc.
- Identify required architecture components and/or frameworks. Prioritizes architecture deliverables, and establish short-term, mid-term and long-range architecture plans.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current industry technologies, methodologies and designs, and their applicability and appropriateness in various solution architectures.
- Analyse technical requirements to determine infrastructure designs, potential issues, and related costs
- Contribute to the selection, prototyping, and implementation of hardware, operating systems, applications, and technical solutions to business problems
- Take the pulse of and keep tabs on the general hardware markets for innovative designs, cost savings and market trends
- Provide technical leadership of activities related to the design, deployment, evolution and operation of the existing technical IT infrastructure and related services
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies through hands-on experimentation, providing an informed point of view and advocacy within the organization.
- Leads the evaluation and comparison of IT technologies, reporting to the management, reporting on alternative scenarios and assessing opportunities related to new and emerging technologies.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master's degree in information technology or a related discipline.
- You have 10+ years of progressive professional experience in IT architecture primarily in systems administration.
- You are an expert in Enterprise Storage, backup and recovery technologies.
- You have experience in design, architecting, engineering and administering Storage and Virtualisation technologies.
- You have experience in Cloud integration of virtual platforms
- You have experience in cluster methodologies
- You are an expert in server technologies and deployments in large data centre environments
- You have an expert knowledge of Linux and Unix operation systems (Solaris, AIX and RedHat/SLES)
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have experience with HPC (High performance cluster) Methodologies.
- You are able to coordinate between various teams in an Aerospace R&D environment.
- You possess good interpersonal skills.
- You have experience with and active participation to IT coordination groups and in coordinating with IT service providers in an environment where shared IT services are largely used by the business units.
- You have a good understanding of ESA/TEC IT business processes at various levels and the functioning of TEC technical infrastructure.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.