Multi-Mission Dissemination Operations Engineer
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering services to the Dissemination Operations team.
- Dissemination operations and engineering activities for both missions in their routine operations phase, as well as for the commissioning and then routine phase of new missions;
- Dissemination and encryption operations such as: scheduling and coordination of daily operations of the dissemination systems, monitoring the dissemination and encryption functions within the Ground Segments, anomaly investigation, design and development of scripts needed for the operations;
- Operational Data Flow Monitoring and Reporting;
- Contribute to the generation, maintenance and update of dissemination operations related design, user documentation, procedures or operations guides;
- Liaise and coordinate as required the dissemination aspect with the GS facility operations teams, the system operations teams, the system operations analysts, the mission analysts, and the dissemination analysts, as well as with dissemination related service providers;
- Contribute to the Evolutions of the Dissemination Systems.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile.
- You have at least 3 years demonstrated experience in operations or software maintenance of real-time file-based data dissemination systems;
- You are familiar with DVB satellite communications and ground segment operations;
- You have demonstrated experience in major Linux distributions and Windows (Windows 7, 8, 10) as user;
- You possess computer analysis skills, including analysis of events and logs, and are familiar with Excel;
- You have presentation skills and be familiar with Powerpoint;
- You are familiar with configuration control;
- You are able to communicate effectively in English (verbally and written);
- You are able to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, are able to work under pressure and with a minimum of supervision.
- You have at least 3 years’ demonstrated experience in
- providing near real-time data services in a high-availability environment (24/7);
- monitoring of near real time data flows in large computer networks;
- first and second level support in data services;
- You have basic system administrator skills, i.e. configuration, installation and scripting for Linux and Windows;
- You have demonstrated experience in interaction with external partners;
- You have demonstrated experience in coordinating of system changes or interfaces with external organisations.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.