Radio Navigation Systems Engineer (GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS))
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering expertise to the Radio Navigation Systems & Technology Section at the European Space Agency.
Tasks and Activities
- Support the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team:
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities
- Evaluation of GMS design, with a specific focus on GMS Operations and Operability Improvements, Galileo Services provision, On-line and Off-line Monitoring, System Reporting, Mission Support and Mission Processing, and evolutions of the GMS architecture and design (eg. virtualisation, data centric processing, etc.)
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs;
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews.
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of system and receivers performances for Ground Segment receivers and user receivers (multi-frequency and multi-constellation)
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields.
- You have a specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including latest trends in high accuracy and robust PNT.
- You have a specific and strong knowledge and experience on the design, development and testing of Radio Navigation receivers (from professional to mass-market), including signal processing, positioning algorithms, Radio Frequency, multi-antenna and sensor hybridisation aspects.
- You have several years experience (4+) relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
- You are a specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- You must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have knowledge on EGNOS Overlay System, including the evolution to EGNOSv3.
- You have knowledge on signal quality monitoring.
- You are familiar with GNSS Android Raw Measurements and carrier phase based positioning techniques (PPP and RTK).
- You have knowledge on virtualization and data centric processing.