Network and Security Engineer
You will have the opportunity to provide support to European Space Agency in Frascati, Italy, for the evolutions and operations of network and security services of the EO Ground segment.
- User requirements collection and analysis
- Design and implementation of network and cyber security solutions;
- Management of network and cyber security projects;
- Contribute to the procurement activity with technical evaluation of different solutions;
- Evaluate new solutions and bring innovation to the basic infrastructure by investigating emerging technologies that enhance the ICT, network and security infrastructure and the corresponding portfolio of services;
- Engineering support for different projects under preparation or already in operation;
- Management support in the operation and development of third party services;
- Monitor, assess and report on the providers’ performance and deliverables;
- Review, enforce, assess and verify the compliance of network and security design with the applicable security framework (including policies, requirements, procedures);
- Support possible migrations to new service providers and technologies;
- Identify areas of improvement;
- Support ESA in the management of Data Centre interfaces and activities.
- Provide supporting analysis and documentation in the framework of its activities;
- Deliver reports, procedure and other requested documentation.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Telecommunication Engineering or Computer science;
- You have project Management experience within complex project environments involving several stakeholders. Project experience in space programmes is considered an asset.
- You have several years of experience and a significant industrial background in one or more of the following domains: network and security design, specification and procurement of services from the market, secure operations.
- You have significant experience in network design and deployment of network and security solutions (routing, switching, Data Center solutions).
- You have experience in Software Defined Network technologies, design and operations - Knowledge of Cisco ACI Solution is considered an asset.
- You have a good understanding of ICT and services (email, name server applications, etc.), security architectures (e.g. virtual private networks, strong-authentication mechanisms, intrusion detection and prevention, content inspection, firewall). You are familiar with the latest generation of network and security methodology and technologies.
- You have a good knowledge of virtualization platforms and solutions.
- You have knowledge of cloud-based service provisioning and technologies.
- You are familiar with most relevant security standards, including ISO27000 series.
- You are a team player and have proactive attitude to solving problems;
- You have a high level of proficiency in the English language. Knowledge in other European languages will be an asset.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have relevant networking certifications (e.g.: Cisco CCNP/CCIE).