Network & Security Engineer
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.
We are currently looking for a Network & Security Engineer to work in the beautiful city of Frascati.
You will support the European Space Agency (ESA) in the management and evolution of security services. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the cyber-security and space domains.
- Management of ICT and cyber security projects
- Requirements analysis, design and definition of ICT and security solutions
- Support technical evaluations and risk assessment of different solutions and architectures
- Support the integration of the new elements and services in compliance with the applicable security network & security framework and project requirements
- Monitor, assess and report on the providers’ performance and deliverables
- Monitor, optimize and ensure efficiency of relevant tools supporting the security processes and procedures
- Deliver reports, procedure and other requested documentation
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, IT or a related field
- At least 3 years proven work experience as network security engineer
- In depth knowledge in some of the following:
- Information Security concepts involving incident detection, analysis, decision support and response
- Risk Management concepts
- Technical vulnerability assessment (VA) and penetration testing (PenTest)
- Host or network based Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) and Endpoint Detection Response (EDR)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
- Firewalls or Unified Threat Management (UTM) systems
- Virtual Private Networking (VPN)
- Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Identity Management systems
- Network Local Area Networking (LAN) and Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies
- Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, IPSec, SSL, TLS
- Familiarity and working knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Cloud Computing and virtualized environment security
- Virtualization technologies such as KVM, VMWare
- ICT and network services (email, DNS systems, Proxy etc.)
- Good command on dealing with security systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, log management, authentication systems, content filtering, etc.
- Good knowledge of End System architectures and operating systems such as Linux and Windows, and of basic scripting languages.
- Experience in the delivery of ICT and security solutions.
- High level of proficiency in the English language. Knowledge in other European languages will be an asset.
- Professional qualification or certification in the security and networking domain (e.g.: CISSP, CCNP, ISO/IEC 27001 series, or similar).
- Strong interpersonal skills, team working, good analytic and problem solving capabilities.
- Communication and documentation abilities.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.