Network Security Engineer
For our client in, we are looking for two (2) Network Security Engineers to perform routine maintenance and operations of the network security systems. The client operates a large IP based LAN/WAN network, predominately using Cisco equipment (e.g. IOS and Nexus L2/L3 devices, and ASA and Firepower firewalls).
- Migration of firewall services from legacy equipment
- Hardware and software life-cycle management.
- Security monitoring.
- Device configuration and related audit procedures.
- Patch management.
- Day to day routine activities:
- Analysing of anomaly reports and security vulnerability notifications and raising of anomalies where needed e.g. due to an identified vulnerability.
- Monitoring of vulnerability patching activities of network devices.
- Daily review of user-reported anomalies for possible security impact or implications.
- Daily review of reports and logs generated by switches, routers, firewalls and threat prevention solutions.
- Generation of vulnerability and patch status reports.
- Identification of improvements and opportunities:
- Review of proposed changes for compliance to security requirements.
- Review and evolution of security requirements.
- Setup and maintenance of new security solutions (e.g. VPN, firewall and IDS/IPS solutions.)
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have experience in complex systems requiring a high availability and high security needs in a 24/7 operating environment, preferably with large, distributed, heterogeneous IT environments
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You possess Cisco CCNP/CCIE Security certification
- You have experience in intrusion prevention and detection
- You have experience in configuration support and audit
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.