Network Security Engineer
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Network Security Engineer to support our cyber-security team based in Redu, Belgium close to the European Space Agency’s (ESA) activities. The position will report to the Security S&O Manager.
This position is based in Redu, Belgium, at the European Space Agency premises of ESEC.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the cyber-security and Infrastructure as a Service domain. As a Network Security Engineer, you will support design, implementation and operations of our network and security infrastructure at RHEA Redu site.
If you have a passion or interest for networking and cyber security and would like to join a team of seasoned experts with diverse backgrounds, then you are in the right place! At RHEA Group will have the opportunity to work and learn in an exciting environment and participate in unique cyber-security projects for the European Space Agency, NATO and the European Commission.
- Management and operations of network and ICT security infrastructure;
- Design and implementation of network and ICT security solutions upgrade and evolution, including disaster recovery and business continuity solutions;
- Support procurement activity with request for proposal preparation and technical evaluation of different solutions;
- Engineering support for different projects under preparation or already in operation that leverage the Redu infrastructure;
- Support the ICT team in local office LAN operations;
- Review, enforce, assess and verify the compliance of network and security design with the ISMS and RHEA security policy (including policies, requirements, procedures);
- Ensure the implementation and compliance to ISO27001 procedures;
- Support possible migrations to new service providers and technologies;
- Identify areas of improvement;
- Deliver reports, procedure and other requested documentation
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, IT or a related field
- You have significant experience in network design and deployment of network and security solutions (routing, switching, Data Center solutions, log management, network management systems, back-up solutions, etc.)
- You have a good understanding of ICT and services (email, name server applications, operating systems etc.), security architectures (e.g. firewalls, virtual private networks, strong-authentication mechanisms, intrusion detection and prevention, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, content inspection).
- You are a team player and have proactive attitude to solving problems;
- You have strong communication and documentation abilities.
- You have effective time management and organizational skills.
Some of the following skills would be highly desirable, in order of priority:
- Experience or certifications on main firewall technologies (e.g., Palo Alto, Checkpoint).
- You have a professional qualification or certification such as CISCO CCNP, CISSP, CEH, OSPT or similar.
- You have experience with KVM, OpenNebula or OpenStack
- You have experience on ICS systems.