Operational Support Engineer
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.
We are currently looking for an Operational Support Engineer to work in the beautiful area of Frascati (Italy).
- RHEA is looking for an Operational Support Engineer for the Data Access Services provided to ESA (European Space Agency) in the context of Earth Observation (EO) Payload Data Ground Segment (PDGS) and in particular the data access facilities of multiple EO missions including Earth Explorers (e.g. SMOS, Cryosat), Heritage Missions (e.g. ERS-1/2, ENVISAT) and Third-Party Missions (e.g. KOMPSAT-2, WorldView, RapidEye, SPOT).
- In the framework of the provided service, System Engineering profiles are required for supporting the Agency in management and monitoring of EO applications for satellite data acquisition, processing, distribution, preservation, circulation and user access, anomaly life cycle management, system maintenance and integration of new EO missions.
The Operational Support Engineer in Data Access will:
- Manage the EO applications and their releases when delivered by software developers and/or maintainers
- Verify the documentation and check the adequacy of the test specifications of new applications and their updates
- Validate operationally new applications and following releases exploiting a dedicated pre-operational environment
- Manage the Transfer to Operations (TTO) of the applications in terms of definition of installation plans and consistency check of the deliveries
- Provide support to the management and monitoring of all EO applications of the dissemination chain (processing facilities, dissemination servers, data catalogues, user access)
- Interface with the ICT and Security Services
- Support, under the responsibility of the ESA Service Managers, the integration of new EO missions or new EO applications within the data access service
- Provide high level 2nd/3rd level engineering support to anomaly investigation, route cause identification and resolution, even by workaround.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Anomaly Management best practices
- Knowledge of Software AIV activity best practices
- Knowledge of Configuration and Change Management best practices
- Working experience on complex systems in Ground Segment contexts
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Capacity of shell programming and bash scripting
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Writing skills for issuing technical documentation as notes, minutes, specifications, procedures, reports
- Fluent in English Language (both written and spoken)
- Good communications skills
- Capacity of working in team
- Capacity of achieving schedule and milestones
- Capacity of working under pressure