You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to the Optics Section at the European Space Agency.
- Support integration and performance testing of optical instruments.
- Participation to instrument design reviews.
- Support of optical instrument developments including resolution of critical development problems.
- Translation of optical payload performance requirements into optical systems specifications.
- Conceptual design of optical systems, as telescopes, spectrometers.
- Optical design analysis and verification including optical tolerances analyses.
- Assessment of opto-mechanical layouts.
- Definition of plans for experimental validation and calibration of optical systems.
- Evaluation and analysis of test results.
- Verification of high precision optical components technology developments.
- You have a PhD or Msc Engineering in Optical Engineering or Physics with at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- You have project and/or industrial experience in the design, engineering and testing of various types of optical instrumentation.
- You have good working knowledge of ZEMAX and/or CODE V (and preferably also ASAP).
- You have hands-on experience in optical manufacturing techniques, alignment and tolerancing.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.