PA and Safety Support Engineer
You will support the Galileo Ground Segment PA Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo Ground Segment Product Assurance and Safety Programme.
- Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project, in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy; Produce and implement plans, define inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinate efforts of participants, and produce resulting consolidated inputs.
- Reviewing contractor’s plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of the project PA&S programme; Produce reports of review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed) and conclusions/recommendations.
- Monitoring project & PA status & identify relevant PA issues, including NCR / SPR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items and systematically tracking all items. Produce monthly reports of monitoring activities performed (e.g. inspections, checks, visits, reviews), including conclusions and recommendations.
- Assessing the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors, participating in design and safety reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions; Produce monthly reports with assessment activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), contribution to design and safety reviews, and activities related to preventive/corrective action.
- Participating in the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Non-conformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.; Produce reports of participation to boards, indicating the contribution made to these boards (e.g. review of agendas, participants, minutes of meeting, action follow up, close-out).
- Monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections; Produce report on activities performed with conclusion and recommendations.
- Defining the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all contractual deliverable items; Produce and implement plans for the preparation of the formal acceptance requirements, defining steps, inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, and coordinating efforts of participants to produce resulting consolidated inputs to project documents. Produce also reports on the activities performed for conduction of Acceptance Reviews.
- Supporting the organisation & management of the support from all PA disciplines
- Controlling NCR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items. Produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available for the NRB or CCB, check that all needed participants are involved, produce NRB or CCB minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper non-conformance/wavier/problem/critical item close-out. Produce also reports on control activities performed.
- PA for the verification, qualification, acceptance & delivery activities.
- Participating in progress meetings and CCB meetings. Produce inputs to the meeting and whenever requested, produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available, check that all needed participants are involved, produce minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper close-out.
- Participating in all project reviews, including safety reviews. Produce reports on all review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), conclusions and recommendations.
- Reporting project PA status (deviations from plan / schedule of all of above).
- Guiding and monitoring the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participation in design reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of contractors’ waivers and deviations
- Supporting the project non-conformance process and attendance/organization of non-conformance/anomaly review boards as necessary.
- Ensuring the implementation of the Ground Segment PA Requirements baseline across the applicable Galileo Ground Segments;
- Monitoring the integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections;
- Supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items;
- Ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions;
- Supporting Security activities for ground segments as appropriate;
- Support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have Master’s Degree in engineering or technical sciences.
- You have a minimum of 10 years experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.