You will have the opportunity to provide support to the Financial Operations Section at the European Space Agency.
- Analysing, validating and approving all Agency payments to suppliers in compliance with ESA accounting policy, the Financial Regulations, instructions and procedures (internal rules); carrying out related financial operations and interfaces with suppliers
- End-of-period adjustments, offsetting of prepayments against progress invoices and vendor clearing, analysis of balances, clearing of accrued costs versus invoices received and other accounting practises related to accounts payable
- Contributing to the verification of contracts/purchase orders and CCNs to ensure compliance with financial requirements
- Contributing to monthly and yearly closure of ESA accounts payable, ensuring accounts reconciliation, providing specific notes relating to ESA Financial Statements
- Contributing to drafting instructions, procedures and guidelines for the Sections/Divisions
- Responding to queries from industry
- Preparing urgent payment lists
- Maintaining close liaison with the appropriate Cost Centre managers, project managers and administrators providing financial advice and information on the relevant processes
- Other ad hoc financial accounting tasks as requested by management
- You have a Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualifications in a financial discipline
- You have a significant period of practical experience of financial accounting at ESA or in a comparable environment.
- You have a very good knowledge of SAP and esa-p with regard to Procure-to-Pay process and related procedures.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.