Physical Security TRA Specialist
The physical security TRA consultant is required to identify security deficiencies and vulnerabilities and provide recommendations to enhance the overall security posture of the site and/or facility. The work may include a review of the perimeter security, access controls, receptions areas, circulation routes, special spaces and technological security of the site and building. The security assessment should also address emergency management and critical incident response procedures and technological and environmental hazards such as health emergencies, fire or a power blackout as well as deliberate social hazards such as an active shooter or a terrorist incident.
NOTE work will be done at various locations in Saskatchewan.
Key tasks for this position include but are not limited to:
- on site security-vulnerability assessment to assess the overall physical security profile of each facility, with particular attention given to government occupied space.
- identification of real and potential physical security deficiencies and vulnerabilities for each facility, site and its occupants.
- it is understood that on site assessments may include interviewing security personnel (if present), occupants, service providers and/or visitors as deemed necessary. This may require the consultant be provided with full unescorted access to the entire facility with exception of high security areas. The site may be visited during various times of the day and night as part of the overall assessment process.
- analysis of all information gathered, review of deficiencies, research and identification of best security practices for recommendation of practical and suitable solutions.
- preparation of a draft report(s) identifying security deficiencies and vulnerabilities and provide recommendations to rectify these gaps.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Valid Government of Canada Security clearance: Secret or Higher
- Bilingualism: Knowledge of French and English required.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills: Excellent oral French communications skills: Good French writing skills: capable of writing documentation, performing presentations to an internal audience, and interacting with senior management, colleagues and customers.
- University degree, Community college diploma in security or policing with a minimum of 5 years of related experience or, 8+ years related experience.
Nice to have
- Experience as a security expert for or with the Canadian federal, provincial or municipal governments
- Participation or leading emergency/disaster recovery programs and exercises
- Expert knowledge of risks associated with physical and critical infrastructures;
- Expert knowledge of physical security trends, practices, and mitigating controls.
- Skilled at problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing.
- A security based professional certifications in a recognized security program (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, OPST, CEH, GPEN, American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Emergency Management and Disaster Recovery program
Preference will be given to candidates eligible to legally work in Canada and have a government of Canada security clearance. We thank you for your interest in RHEA Group and wish to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.