Planning and Schedule Officer
You will have the opportunity to support with the schedule control activities and also may contribute in the project control, administration support and document management task, as required by the projet(s).
- Contribute to the preparation, development and maintenance of the overall schedule aspects of the project/missions, including all mission elements. The post holder shall establish and maintain regular schedule reporting from all mission elements, aggregate and integrate the schedules to a project reference schedule;
- Advise on Schedule and Control methods;
- Assist in establishing schedule data interfaces within the science project and the various mission elements (ground segment, spacecraft, payload, launcher);
- Support implementing and operating planning and control procedures to provide full visibility on all activities related to the progress, utilizing established procedures and information systems; the post holder shall interact and, if necessary, provide schedule support to mission participants in industry and academia to ensure the up-to-date and accurate schedule reporting;
- Participate in the establishment of baseline schedule and plans;
- Perform schedule analysis through Critical Path Analysis, Trend Chart Analysis and simulations;
- Assist in the identification of potential problem areas and proposing mitigation actions; preparing reports as required;
- Verify consistency between the schedule of the project Prime Contractors and the ones of his Subcontractors;
- Support in the preparation of tender documents with respect to schedule requirements and participating in the evaluation of proposals; assist in preparing information required for subsequent contract negotiations;
- Support the Project Controller(s) of the assigned mission(s) and the Head of the Project Control and Risk Management Service in executing their duties.
- Support the consolidation of inputs for the Cosmic Vision overall schedule.
- Utilisation of relevant local and/or Corporate management support tools at both project and programme level.
- You have Masters in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration.
- You have a good working background in scheduling and other disciplines related to the tasks described.
- You have experience in the application of schedule management and control principles; the preparation, negotiation and implementation of industrial procurements; the ability to establish/utilize advanced schedule control techniques.
- You are expected to demonstrate good planning and organisation skills, an ability to synthesise information and a capability to work in a team environment.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- You are highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- You have experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and are familiar with relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA-p).
- You are able to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.