You will have the opportunity to support the Programme and Project Control Service under the direct responsibility of a Business Control and Administration Manager (BCAM) and will assist in coordinating internal resources and activities, interfacing with line management and stake holders, following up specific actions and performing analysis.
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects /programmes activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, cost.
- Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans.
- Assisting in the definition and in maintaining related work/procurement plans and related execution and contract actions plans using local tools as applicable.
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and preparation of related reports and provision of management information as required.
- Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications.
- In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for programme/project(s):
- Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium term and in-year resource plans.
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery actions, producing related reports.
- Reviewing / checking of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support services and purchases for consistency with Cost–at– Completion (CAC) of industrial contracts.
- Checking commitments for consistency with budgets and ESA’s procedures and consumption of commitment ceiling and initiating related budgetary transfers as required.
- In the field of procurements and execution of contracts:
- Support to the preparation and follow-up of the Agency’s tender actions.
- Support to the proposal evaluations as expert for the price and schedule verification and analysis.
- Support to the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data entry of the milestone payment plans in the Agency’s system(s).
- Contributing to the elaboration, consolidation of related procurement workplans and detailed implementation plans (e.g. Contract Action Plan baseline) and related commitment consumption, cost and disbursement profiles.
- Following-up of the progress of the procurement actions and contracts, and keeping track of status and maintaining the current actual and forecasting in the appropriate ESA tools.
- Creating related objects in ESA-p, maintaining corresponding information in local applications as required and ensuring the correctness and coherence of related information.
- Monitoring and controlling of timely implementation of actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including monitoring of financial commitments, payment milestones and invoicing.
- Supporting industrial invoicing process and payment verification and control.
- Supporting programme inventory and export control activities, maintain relevant inventory databases
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Masters degree from a recognised Institute of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Business Administration or relevant discipline.
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- You have a good command of English – written and oral.
- You are a quick learner, diligent and accurate.
- You are able to work autonomously and with initiative whilst remaining a team player.
- You are service orientated.
- You are familiar with SAP and good proficiency in MS Excel.
- You have knowledge of contract procurement process.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.