RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.
We are currently looking for a Project Controller to work in the beautiful city of Noordwijk, The Netherlands. You will be responsible for the project control activities of Projects, within the Telecommunications Technologies, Product & Systems Dept (TIA-T), and will report to the Head of Management and Project Control Support Office. Tasks would include the preparation and maintenance of overall programmatic aspects of the project, i.e. cost, finance, documentation, progress control and reporting, as well as risk related aspects with the aim to provide full visibility on all aspects related to programme resources.
- Implementing and operating planning and control procedures to provide full visibility on all activities related to the progress, while ensuring compliance with established requirements for management;
- Reporting on cost, schedule, resources and industrial return;
- Assisting in the preparation of tender documents or contract change with respect to management, cost and schedule/planning requirements and participating in the evaluation of proposals, preparing information required for subsequent contract negotiations and participating in all tasks related to placing of contracts;
- Supporting the implementation and management of industrial contracts, monitoring assigned contracts with respect to cost, progress, invoicing, payments, industrial return, geo return, deviations from plans and trends.
- Establishing and maintaining of annual budgets, manpower planning, cost at completion and geo return files;
- Monitoring financial commitments for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations;
- Administering of manpower, missions and industrial procurements from a financial perspective (using WLMS tool)
- Participating to reviews and progress meetings;
- Providing required programmatic, workforce and financial data as well as support with analysis of such data as required preparing the regular programmatic and financial reporting to ESA management and national delegations;
- Supporting the risk management process;
- Implementing and maintaining the tools and the procedures for Project Documentation System.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Masters in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent
- University degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, together with a project control background and experience in the disciplines related to the tasks under consideration.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry;
- Experience in maintaining a Cost at Completion, anticipating and highlighting areas of concern, initiating mitigation actions.
- Experience in preparation of synthetic reports with deviations from plans and trends. This includes Industrial as well as Operational cost;
- Experience with the application of project management and project control principles related to the preparation, negotiation and implementation of industrial procurements;
- Experience in maintenance of a risk register, high level schedule and document configuration control;
- Experience in project review and risk management processes;
- Highly proficient with planning and project control tools (e.g. SAP, MS Excel, MS Project). Familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA-P, Eclipse) is an asset;
- Excellent planning and organization skills and attention to detail, good judgment and a pragmatic approach;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and stringent schedule;
- Good sense of contacts and communications, ability to interface at appropriate level with relevant actors within and outside of the Directorate;
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Experience with industrial return forecasting and reporting.
- Experience in the analysis of business cases / 3rd party investments.